Sign up for a program in your area each week by calling 902-368-8919 or emailing SOPEI staff.
- Please Read and refer to the complete SOPEI Guidelines below. As programs are available for safe return in your area, we will contact you to begin.
- Forms to complete online
- Call the office to register for Summer programs
- Refer to the Additional Program Resources list below
If the above steps are not completed, athletes will be required to delay their return until everything is complete.
The annual $20 fee will be waived for all participants for the 2020-21 program year. There may be and additional fee for Ice Sports ($75/sport) and Bowling (Weekly Lane Fees).
Contact SOPEI to indicate interest by calling 902-368-8919 or emailing SOPEI staff. You will then be required to attend COVID-19 volunteer training specific to the activity you sign up for. If you volunteered at Summer 2020 programs, you will only require a modification of the training and will not require any updated forms.
Please Read and refer to the complete SOPEI Guidelines below. As programs are available for safe return in your area, we will contact you to begin.
AND Complete these forms online
- Volunteer Application Form 2020-21
- Participant Waiver and Promotional Media Opt-Out
- If needed, submit your Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Checks.
For those that require a renewal of your Criminal Record Check (CRC) and Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC), you will need to contact the SOPEI office to request a CRC/VSC letter to submit when you request your CRC/VSC. If you are unsure when you submitted your last CRC/VSC, please contact SOPEI at 902-368-8919 or email@example.com.
- Class A Volunteers with more than 3 years of experience only require a check every 3 years
- Class A Volunteers with 3 years or less experience require the check annually
If the above steps are not completed, volunteers will be required to delay their return until everything is complete.
Additional Program Resources:
- SOPEI Return to Activities PHASE ONE Guidelines
- SOPEI Declaration Form: Only required by caregivers/guardians or 1-on-1 support who are supporting athletes at the program and who have not completed volunteer training/forms. Athletes/Volunteers will be signing off on this within their 2020-21 registration forms.
- SOPEI Attendance Tracker - To be read aloud and completed each week at programs by a volunteer and sent to (Centralfirstname.lastname@example.org and Kings/Prince Countyemail@example.com) following each program. No signatures are required because participants are signing a declaration on their 2020-21 Athlete/Volunteer registration forms.
- SOPEI Return to Activities Coaches Checklist - Tool for program volunteer to reference for ensuring they are ready to begin program safely.
- SOPEI Return to Activities General Guidelines - These are the general SOPEI guidelines that all programs are expected to follow.
- COVID-19 Symptoms and Prevention Poster -This poster is being provided to all members who sign up for 2020-21 programming which provides information on the symptoms and prevention methods related to COVID-19.
- SOPEI Return to Activities Guidelines for In-Person Meetings - This document provides direction for SOPEI sanctioned in-person meetings.
- SOC Return to Sport and Programs Resource Site: Includes many additional resources in case you see something you would like to use or have questions about.
- SOC COVID-19 Video - What to know before returning to Special Olympics Canada Sport and Programs
- SOI COVID-19 Resource Site: Includes many additional resources in case you see something you would like to use or have questions about.
SOPEI Phase One Sport Guidelines: