Being healthy is more than just being physically active. Special Olympics Canada offers one of the following free health exams for all athletes during National Games. Many Chapters (Provinces) also have certified facilitators for many of the different Healthy Athletes areas. Exams and facilitators are overseen by Special Olympics Inc to ensure global consistency.
Exams identify health areas that might need further attention. These can include:
- Opening Eyes (vision)
- Fit Feet (podiatry)
- FUNfitness (physical therapy)
- Health Promotion (better health and well-being)
- Healthy Hearing (audiology)
- MedFest (sport physical exam)
- Special Smiles (dentistry)
If you are interested in becoming a facilitator for one of these courses please contact our Program Director.